Eyelash extensions are a popular service that extends each individual eyelash by either a single or multiple lashes per natural eyelash. It is a highly specialized skill that takes time, repeated practice, proper knowledge, and training. The instructor, Kimberly Rierson, has been a lash artist for over 7 years. She has been an instructor for 3 years, and she continually refines and adds to her teaching methods. Kimberly’s proven philosophy is to teach lash artists to walk before they run. Meaning, she believes in a solid foundation in classic lashing before graduating to advanced styling and volume lash artistry. She has designed her courses around her success of teaching students in this manner. Currently, there are 3 levels of certifications she offers through Concepts.
Beginner’s Course: Classic Lashing $585 with kit
This course is aimed for the absolutely new lashing artist. It will give you the foundational theory, tools, and know-how to competently begin your lashing journey. In this course we cover:
- What are Eyelash Extensions?
- California Law
- Health & Safety
- Eye & Skin Anatomy
- Lash Growth Cycles
- Contraindications & Contra-Actions
- Client Consultations & Client Expectations
- Ideal Classic Lash Candidate
- Patch Testing
- Curl Types
- Lash Lengths
- Lash Thickness
- How to Safely Use Multiple Lash Extensions & Volumetric Formula
- Industry Brands
- Application of Eyelash Extensions: assessing thickness; assessing length; lash direction & uniformity; creating effects with direction; lash mapping; graduation of length; correct lash style
- Eyelash Pickup
- Eyelash Into Adhesive
- Application Technique
- Application Do’s
- Lash Fills
- Lash Removals
- Signs of Lash Stress/Lash Shedding Patterns
- Demonstration & practice correct grip of tweezers
- Demonstration & practice pulling lash extension off strip
- Demonstration & practice dipping extension into adhesive
- Demonstration & practice placement on mannequin strip lashes
- Demonstration & practice of placing eyepads
- Demonstration & practice of lash mapping
- Demonstration & practice of cleaning & priming natural lashes
- Demonstration & practice of application on a live model
In order to successfully pass the course, 4 models must be done outside of class and pictures sent to the instructor to complete certification.
- 2 hand-tested Eyelash Excellence Tweezers
- Eyelash Excellence adhesive
- 5 hypo-allergenic eyepads
- 3 Eyelash Excellence Eyelash Extension Trays: C-Curl .10, .12, .15mm thicknesses
- Eyelash Excellence Primer
- Eyelash Excellence Remover
- Lash Pallet
- Paper Tape
- Flocked Applicators
- Mascara Wands
- Dental Mirror
Class Type: Theory and hands-on.
Hours: 8 hours
Cost: $585 (Class Fee + Deluxe Kit) – $185 deposit due at time of registration
Class Size: 4-8 students
Models: Participants practice the hands-on portion on a model.
CLASS POLICIES AND TERMS
Refunds: $185 is Non -Refundable, but in case of an emergency can be transferred to the next course. For a full refund please call one week prior to the start of the class. Sorry, No refunds of deposit can be given for cancellation within three days and no refunds for no-shows. We reserve the right to cancel any class. In this case a full refund will be returned and the class will be rescheduled.
Repeat Class: If you have taken a class and wish to have a refresher, the fee is half the original fee of the class. Please, contact us to register.
Cost: Rates are subject to change.
Class Size: Typical class size is 4-8 students. We like to keep our classes smaller so that everyone receives focused attention and thorough training
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFO
If you have any questions about the class please contact us at email@example.com or 415-295-7107.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Assessments Yes